The Hong Kong Shue Yan University (HKSYU) is currently offering 18 4-year undergraduate programmes to students who have taken the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE).
- - Chinese language: Level 3 or above; and
- - English language: Level 3 or above; and
- - Mathematics: Level 2 or above; and
- - Liberal studies: Level 2 or above; and
- - One elective subject: Level 2 or above.
- *Applicants can use at most one relevant Applied Learning subject (ApL) as an elective subject. "Attained with Distinction (II)” and "Attained with Distinction (I)” is comparable to level 4 and level 3 respectively. 'Attained' in ApL will not be considered. In addition, ApL Chinese cannot be used as an elective subject.
1. Admission arrangements for Non-Chinese Speaking Students
• The definition of NCS is based on the definition of the Education Bureau, it meets the following specific conditions: (a) learned Chinese Language for less than 6 years while receiving primary and secondary education; or (b) learned Chinese Language for 6 years or more in schools, but have been taught an adapted and simpler Chinese Language curriculum not normally applicable to the majority of students in our local schools.
HKSYU accepts alternative qualifications in Chinese for NCS student who have got:
• a grade D in GCE AL/AS Level in Chinese; or
• Point 4 or above in Chinese A for IB exam; or
• an 'Attained' or above level in Applied Learning Chinese
• NCS students can use another DSE best elective recognized by the University to replace the score of the Chinese subject.
2. Recommended Progamme for NCS Students
• Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English Programme
• Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Law and Business Programme
• Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Psychology Programme
From 2024 entry, the minimum entrance requirements of HKSYU for the 4 core DSE subjects of Chinese Language, English Language, Mathematics and Citizenship and Social Development are Levels 332A (that is, 332 and “Attained”). The‘Attained’ level in the subject ‘Citizenship and Social Development’ can be counted as Level 2 and included in the score calculation of the best five subjects. Admissions requirements may vary from time to time, applicants are reminded to browse the latest admissions details shown in this website or contact our admissions staff before application.
For HKDSE candidates of current year, you can apply for our undergraduate programmes through:
3. In-person (completed application form should be submitted to the University Admission Office)
For applicants with HKDSE results attained in previous years can submit their application through:
2. In-person (completed application form should be submitted to the University Admission Office)
Note to applicants who opt for Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Financial Technology:
- If you are a current DSE candidate, please apply for this programme via JUPAS.
- If you are a non-DSE applicants, please submit an application directly to the University Admissions Office, and the admission result will only be released in late August.
Applicants can be divided into two categories, their application in person should present the following supporting documents to the Admissions Office:
E-APP/HKSYU Online Application Portal:
1. Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination Result Notice (in both original and copy)
1. A completed application form with a photo securely attached; and
2. HKID card (both original and copy); and
3. A non-refundable application fee of HK$200 in cash; and
4. Submission of proof of academic qualification as follows:
- - Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination Result Notice (in both original and copy);
- - Secondary School reports in Form 4 – 6 (both original and copy)
Full-time local undergraduate students under the age of 30 are eligible to apply for Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP), a scheme offered by the government to provide means-tested financial assistance which can include grants (tuition fee and learning expenses) and/or low-interest loans to help meet living expenses. Students can apply for FASP after registration.
For details of tuition fees and financial assistance, please refer to Questions No. 11 and 12 in the FAQ page.
From the 2017/18 academic year, the government provides a non-means-tested annual subsidy for eligible students pursuing full-time locally-accredited local and non-local self-financing undergraduate (including top-up degree) programmes in Hong Kong offered by eligible institutions (except for those enrolled in places already supported under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors). All undergraduate programmes (excluding programme for Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Financial Technology and BA/BSC (Honours) in Economics collaborated with University of Leicester, U.K.) offered by the University are eligible under the subsidy scheme.
Under the Subsidy Scheme, a non-means-tested annual subsidy will be provided to Hong Kong students:
- (a) attaining “3322” in the Hong Kong Diploma for Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) when they are enrolled in eligible self-financing undergraduate programmes; or
- (b) with sub-degree qualifications (i.e. after completing sub-degree programmes) when they are enrolled in relevant eligible self-financing top-up degree programmes.
- 1. The amount of subsidy may be adjusted annually subject to the approval by the Legislative Council.
- 2. Under the current Subsidy Scheme, sub-degree holders admitted to Year One without attaining “3322” in the HKDSE are considered ineligible.
Please click here to visit the NMTSS website.
iFREE Entrance Scholarship for the Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Digital Marketing programme
Starting from the academic year 2019/20, iFREE GROUP (HK) LTD will make available an annual entrance scholarship of HK$1,000,000 for new students admitted to Year 1 of the Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Digital Marketing (BBA-DM) programme. Each year, a maximum of 50 scholarships of HKD20,000 each will be made available.
For more details, please click here.
Longbow Charity Foundation Entrance Scholarship for Commerce majors
Funded by the Longbow Charity Foundation Limited, HKSYU will be offering an entrance scholarship for new local students admitted to Year 1 of selected Bachelor’s programmes in the Faculty of Commerce. Each recipient will be awarded HK$10,000. This scholarship aims at encouraging local students who have an enthusiastic interest in the world of commerce to become substantial contributors and future leaders.
For more details, please click here.
Scholarship for Local NCS Students
HKSYU will be offering an one-off entrance scholarship for new local Non-Chinese Speaking Year 1 students. This scholarship supports outstanding local non-Chinese speaking students to advance their studies. For more details, please click here.
|Dates||Closing Date / Event|
|2022.10||Commencement of Online Application via HKSYU Online Application Portal|
|2022.10.06||Commencement of JUPAS Application|
|2022.12.07||Deadline for JUPAS Application|
|2022.12.08||Commencement of E-APP Main Round Application|
|2023.05.22||Deadline for E-APP Main Round Application|
|2023.05.25||Commencement of E-APP Second Round Application|
|2023.07.01||Deadline for Non-Local Students Online Application|
|2023.07.10||Deadline for E-APP Second Round Application|
|2023.07.15||All applications of Non-Local students will not be accepted|
|2023.07.19 (TBC)||Announcement of the 2023 HKDSE Examination Results by HKEAA. Commencement of In-Person First Round Application.|
|2023.07.22||Deadline of In-Person First Round Application|
|2023.07.24||Commencement of In-Person Second Round Application|
|2023.08.09||Announcement of the 2023 JUPAS Main Round Offer Results|
|2023.08.11||Deadline for refund application of the enrollment deposit to HKDSE applicants who have accepted a main round offer from JUPAS for a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate programme or an undergraduate programme subsidised under SSSDP|
|2023.08.28||Deadline for refund application of the enrollment deposit to HKDSE applicants who have accepted an offer from JUPAS based on rechecking and remarking results for a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate programme or an undergraduate programme subsidised under SSSDP|
|2023.08.30||Deadline for refund application of the enrollment deposit to HKDSE applicants who have accepted a clearing round offer from JUPAS for a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate programme or an undergraduate programme subsidised under SSSDP|