The Hong Kong Shue Yan University (HKSYU) is currently offering 14 4-year undergraduate programmes to students who have taken the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE).
Merits in Applied Learning subjects may be used for additional consideration.
- Chinese language: Level 3 or above;
- English language: Level 3 or above;
- Mathematics: Level 2 or above;
- Liberal studies: Level 2 or above; and
- One elective subject: Level 2 or above.
1. Admission arrangements for Non-Chinese Speaking Students
• The definition of NCS is based on the definition of the Education Bureau, it meets the following specific conditions: (a) learned Chinese Language for less than 6 years while receiving primary and secondary education; or (b) learned Chinese Language for 6 years or more in schools, but have been taught an adapted and simpler Chinese Language curriculum not normally applicable to the majority of students in our local schools.
HKSYU accepts alternative qualifications in Chinese for NCS student:
• attained a grade D in GCE A/AS Level in Chinese; or
• attained 4 or above in Chinese A for IB exam
• NCS students who do not possess the above basic Chinese qualification, or only take GCSE/IGCSE/Applied Learing Chinese, they should pass a Chinese Entrance Exam for NCS Students offered by HKSYU to fulfil the requirement.
2. Recommended Progamme for NCS Students
• Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English Programme
• Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Law and Business Programme
• Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Psychology Programme
HKDSE candidates of current year can apply for our undergraduate programmes through E-APP before 13th July. For application, please click here.
For applicants with HKDSE results attained in previous years or who miss the E-APP application period can also submit their application in person in July or August.
Applicants can be divided into two categories, their application in person should present the following supporting documents to the Admissions Office:
1. Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination Result Notice (in both original and copy)
1. A completed application form with a photo securely attached; and
2. HKID card (both original and copy); and
3. A non-refundable application fee of HK$200 in cash; and
4. Submission of proof of academic qualification as follows:
- - Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination Result Notice (in both original and copy);
- - Secondary School reports in Form 4 – 6 (both original and copy)
From the 2017/18 academic year, the government provides a non-means-tested annual subsidy for eligible students pursuing full-time locally-accredited local and non-local self-financing undergraduate (including top-up degree) programmes in Hong Kong offered by eligible institutions (except for those enrolled in places already supported under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors). All undergraduate programmes(excluding programme for BA/BSC (Honours) in Economics collaborated with Univeristy of Leicester, U.K.) offered by the University are eligible under the subsidy scheme.
Under the Subsidy Scheme, a non-means-tested annual subsidy will be provided to Hong Kong students:
- (a) attaining “3322” in the Hong Kong Diploma for Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) when they are enrolled in eligible self-financing undergraduate programmes; or
- (b) with sub-degree qualifications (i.e. after completing sub-degree programmes) when they are enrolled in relevant eligible self-financing top-up degree programmes.
- 1. The amount of subsidy may be adjusted annually subject to the approval by the Legislative Council.
- 2. Under the current Subsidy Scheme, sub-degree holders admitted to Year One without attaining “3322” in the HKDSE are considered ineligible.
Please click here to visit the NMTSS website.
iFREE Entrance Scholarship for the Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Digital Marketing programme
Starting from the academic year 2019/20, iFREE GROUP (HK) LTD will make available an annual entrance scholarship of HK$1,000,000 for new students admitted to Year 1 of the Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Digital Marketing (BBA-DM) programme. Each year, a maximum of 50 scholarships of HKD20,000 each will be made available.
For more details, please click here.
Longbow Charity Foundation Entrance Scholarship for Commerce majors
Funded by the Longbow Charity Foundation Limited, HKSYU will be offering an entrance scholarship for new local students admitted to Year 1 of selected Bachelor’s programmes in the Faculty of Commerce. Each recipient will be awarded HK$10,000. This scholarship aims at encouraging local students who have an enthusiastic interest in the world of commerce to become substantial contributors and future leaders.
For more details, please click here.
|Dates||Closing Date / Event|
|2019.12.05||Commencement of E-APP main round application|
|2020.07.13||Deadline for E-APP Application|
|2020.07.22||Announcement of the 2020 HKDSE Examination Results by HKEAA. Commencement of In-Person First Round Application.|
|2020.07.25||Deadline of In-Person First Round Application|
|2020.07.27||Commencement of In-Person Second Round Application.|
|2020.08.13||Announcement of the 2020 JUPAS Main Round Offer Results|
|2020.08.17||Deadline for refund application of the enrollment deposit to HKDSE applicants who have accepted a main round offer from JUPAS for a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate programme or an undergraduate programme subsidised under SSSDP|
|2020.08.31||Deadline for refund application of the enrollment deposit to HKDSE applicants who have accepted an offer from JUPAS based on rechecking and remarking results for a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate programme or an undergraduate programme subsidised under SSSDP|
|2020.09.02||Deadline for refund application of the enrollment deposit to HKDSE applicants who have accepted a clearing round offer from JUPAS for a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate programme or an undergraduate programme subsidised under SSSDP|