HKSYU welcomes applications for undergraduate admissions of first-year entry from eligible students. Students with the following qualifications can apply:
|Types of Applicants
|General Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants taken Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination should have attained the following results
- Chinese language#: Level 3 or above;
- English language: Level 3 or above;
- Mathematics: Level 2 or above ;
- Citizenship and Social Development^: Attained; and
- One elective subject*: Level 2 or above.
^The ‘Attained’ level in the subject ‘Citizenship and Social Development’ can be counted as Level 2 and included in the score calculation of the best five subjects. Applicants with previous HKDSE subject result of A040 ‘Liberal Studies’ can be used as the alternative of the core subject requirement of A045 ‘Citizenship and Social Development’. Admissions requirements may vary from time to time, applicants are reminded to browse the latest admissions details shown in this website or contact our admissions staff before application.
*The following subjects can be accepted as an elective subject:
- Applied Learning subject (ApL). Maximum of one relevant ApL can be counted. 'Attained with Distinction (II)' and 'Attained with Distinction (I)' is comparable to level 4 and level 3 respectively. 'Attained' in ApL will not be considered. ApL Chinese cannot be used as an elective subject.
- Category C subjects (Other languages). Maximum of one Cat. C subject can be counted. Grade E or above is required.
-Mathematics Extended Part M1 and M2 can be counted.
#HKSYU allows NCS applicant to use one of the following alternative qualifications for fulling the Chinese Language requirements:
- Grade D in GCE A/AS-Level in Chinese; or
- Point 4 or above in Chinese A for IB exam; or
- 'Attained' or above level in Applied Learning Chinese; or
- Grade 3 / E in GCSE and IGCSE examinations
- Equivalent of the above
NCS students attaining the above Chinese qualification can be regarded as attaining Level 3 in Chinese and can use this score in the calculaton of the Best 5 score.
Applicants should have completed the first year’s study with a GPA of 2.5 or above; or passed the graduation requirements of a locally accredited Associate Degree / Higher Diploma programme.
Applicants should obtain at least 2 A-Level subjects at Grade E or above (excluding Chinese)
Applicants taken the International Baccalaureate Examination should have attained an overall score of at least 24 points
|JEE (GaoKao) Applicants
|Applicants taken the Mainland Joint Entrance Examination Examination (JEE/ GaoKao), please refer to the “Mainland Applicants” section
|Mature applicants must be over the age of 23 by 1st September of the year of admission and be able to demonstrate sufficient motivation, knowledge and potential to indicate a high probability of being able to complete the programme successfully. Prospective mature applicants are invited to discuss their application with the Head of Department concerned in advance of the application period. Successful mature candidates will be admitted on an individual and exceptional basis.
Applicants with overseas academic qualifications, please submit application to the Admissions Office for individual assessment.
a) Non-local applicants and mature students may be required to attend the written test / interview.
b) Applicants who intend to apply for the collabrative programme jointly offered by Shue Yan and the University of Leicester, please refer to here for more application details.
Please click HERE for viewing the undergraduate programmes available for students of first year entry.