The University and its Facilities
2. HKSYU is the first private university in Hong Kong. What is a "private university"? What are the differences between a 'private' and a 'UGC-funded' university?
3. Are HKSYU’s programmes generally accepted by society? Will employers and other institutions recognize my academic qualification?
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Media Design and Immersive Technology
Yes, there are General Education (GE) courses in four areas:
All undergraduates must take at least one course from each area (i.e. in total 12 credits). For more details, please click here.
11. WHAT IS THE TUITION FEE FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES? IS IT ADJUSTED EVERY YEAR? CAN STUDENTS APPLY FOR “THE NON-MEANS-TESTED SUBSIDY SCHEME FOR SELF-FINANCING UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES IN HONG KONG”?
Since the 2017/18 academic year, the government has offered non-means-tested subsidies (NMTSS) for eligible students enrolled in locally accredited full-time self-financing local and non-local undergraduate (including top-up degree) programmes. Students who enrolled programmes under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors can even have a larger amount of subsidy.
For more details, please visit the website of the Concourse for Self-financing Post-secondary Education or the website of Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sector. Eligible students only need to pay for the tuition fees after deducting the subsidies. The amount of NMTSS and SSSDP subsidies for the 2023/24 academic year is HK$33,740 and HK$44,950 respectively. For details, please refer to the following table:
For 2023/24 cohort
Annual Tuition Fee
(Payable in two installments)
Annual Tuition Fee after deduction of subsidies
(Only applicable for eligible local students)
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Data Science||HK$90,424||HK$56,684|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Financial Technology||HK$75,694||HK$30,744|
|Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons) in Arts, Culture & Technology||HK$85,000||HK$41,954*|
|Other undergraduate programmes||HK$75,694||HK$41,954|
*All eligible students taking the "Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons) in Arts, Culture & Technology" Programme will have an annual subsidy of HK$9,306 provided by Hong Kong Shue Yan University to support their part of tuition fee until the 2025-26 academic year.
12. CAN I APPLY FOR THE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCHEME FOR POST-SECONDARY STUDENTS (FASP)? DOES HKSYU PROVIDE SCHOLARSHIPS?
(For local students only) Full-time local undergraduate students under the age of 30 are eligible to apply for government financial assistance through the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) and / or Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS) from the Student Finance Office (SFO) under the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA). Students can apply for FASP after registration.
The Office of Student Affairs also provides scholarships, bursaries, interest-free loans and emergency assistance. For more details, please go to the website of Office of Student Affairs (OSA) here.
Admissions and Interviews
24. If I receive an offer from a UGC-funded full-time undergraduate program or Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions (SSSDP), can I get back my Enrolment Deposit?
25. Can I re-apply if I apply for admission through E-APP and fail to fulfill the requirements of conditional offer?
Application for Admission